Apr 14, 2009

Substitute Farmer

Tom and Lorrie Faber (of Briarhill Farms) sent this email to me today:

"I am looking for some one to train to take care of my farm and animals if we should need to go out of town. We don't very often go anywhere but it would be nice to have someone just in case.
They would need to be early risers, patient (goats you know), and trustworthy.
I would need someone willing to come out and let the animals get to know them and maybe willing to do the chores once a week or so to keep the animals comfortable with them.
They would be dealing with chickens, goats, pigs, and rabbits. Feeding all and milking the goats.
I would possibly be able to pay a small amount but would rather trade fresh milk, eggs, organic veggies, etc.
It would be nice to have at least 2 people for flexibility.

Thanks
Tom & Lorrie Faber"
http://briarhillfarms.bravehost.com

If anyone is interested, please contact them through their website or email me.

2 comments:

Sirpa said...

I wish I wasn't moving! That sounds like an interesting job description. Hope you find someone! And everyone, check out the farm website anyway, they sell fresh eggs, too!

JenPB said...

My girls and I would LOVE to do this (and have for a friend here on the Left Coast). Too bad we don't live closer...