Sep 24, 2010

Gnomes


These are some little gnomes I made recently. They are very simple, just acorn caps and peg people. I ordered my peg people from Casey's Wood Products. Peg people are fun for children to decorate and allow for plenty of open ended play. You can use wool, fabric, paint, objects from nature, and many other things to turn your people into anything you want them to be. I decided to keep these simple, since they will be going to California soon as a 4th birthday gift for a little boy. He can decide if he wants to keep them like this, or give them faces and clothing.

What kind of crafts are you working on lately? Leave a comment and let us know!

4 comments:

Leslie R. said...

Learning to knit! Heheh!

JenPB said...

We're working on Nalbinding at our house. The fiber art predates knitting and crochet, but is easy enough for a 10 year old to handle, and an 8 year old to begin. You can read more about it on this blog entry: http://jenpb.blogspot.com/2010/10/nalebinding-new-fiber-art-for-v.html

Rachel said...

I've been wanting to learn nalbinding, Jen!

bookmarking said...

Yarn Says:

Your article is amazing I got an effective knowledge from you article. I want to read more about your other articles on Yarn and Cotton yarn